A report by Opinium called ‘Gaming’s not so quiet revolution: The changing face of the UK punter’, aims to profile UK casino players of today. A total of 1,500 gamblers were surveyed for the study, which produced some interesting statistics regarding the UK’s online casino habits.
There are some statistics that are quite interesting indeed. The fact that a third of punters stick to sportsbook betting and practice no other type of betting is noteworthy, as is the rather surprising statistic that only 8% of punters stick to just online casino games.
- According to the survey, punters across all three betting verticals are most attracted to a brand by introductory offers than anything else. However, not all punters remain loyal to their chosen brand: 49% of casino-only punters switching from the brand they use the most, whereas only 27% of bingo only punters do this. When it comes to gender, 62% of all gamblers are male, whereas 38% are female.
- Women dominate bingo, as 78% of all bingo-only punters are women. For sportsbook betting, it’s men who dominate, with men making up 80% of all sportsbook-only punters. As for casino/slots-only punters, it’s a bit more balanced with 57% men and 43% women.
- Figures from the Online Gaming Observatory have shown that the Italian online casino industry is on the rise, making it the EU’s second largest market.
- The South American nation of Colombia will start to allow online gambling legally after passing a law last year to regulate the online casino industry.
- The fate of legalized online casinos is set to be determined in the state of Illinois on Tuesday, June 27th, when the House Executive Committee convenes.
First reported by CasinoPedia